"I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all..." ~George Petrie (1945)


Wednesday, May 2

We moved it!


Move It for Miracles was a huge success! We danced the night away and learned some new dance moves. Tim Simpson was our guest instructor and he did a fantastic job teaching all the couples some fun new moves. Aubie came and judged our swing dancing competition and he chose our truly talented winners, Justin Box and Neal Timberlake! AUrhythm also stopped by for an exciting performance, which we obviously had to follow with the "cupid shuffle" and "wobble." Thanks to Marco's Pizza, Panera Bread and Tiger dining's generous donations we had just enough food and drinks for everyone. I can't thank everyone on the Move It for Miracles' committee enough for all of your hard work and encouragement throughout the entire event. You each made this event a blast! 

With t-shirt and ticket sales we were able to raise almost $600 for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and Miss America Scholarship fund! I learned so much throughout this entire planning process and I am so thankful for all the help I received along the way. It was so neat to realize how easily I can raise money for incredible causes like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment